LHE Phototherapy Ance Clearance
LHE Acne phototherapy is based on the destruction of the Propionibacterium acnes (P.acnes).
P.acnes are slow growing anaerobic bacteria which develop in blocked follicles and produce porphyrins as part of their normal metabolism. Exposure of porphyrins to visible light results in photodynamic reaction (Oxygen production) of these compounds and destruction of the P.acnes.
Most other light base devices work with green and blue light wavelengths alone (400-650nm), LHE works with 400-1200nm which also includes yellow, red and near-infrared wavelengths
- Blue wavelengths do not penetrate deep enough to damage the lesions.
- Green wavelengths target blood vessels surrounding the acne lesion.
- Red wavelengths have an anti inflammatory effect
- Near infrared wavelengths cause the sebaceous glands to secret the sebum.
- A complete treatment cycle takes 1/3 the time of most traditional therapies.
The heat has numerous effects in treating acne
- Reduces inflammation
- Soothes pain
- Increase blood circulation
- Speeds up healing process
- Drys the skin and acne lesions
Before and After – Actual client of Total Body Laser Clinic
When treating acne, time is of the essence. LHE works fast, offering a complete treatment in 30 days. LHE’s addition of heat intensifies the chemical process and decreases overall treatment time. Patients often look and feel better within 2 weeks of starting treatment. In clinical trials LHE has demonstrated up to 90% clearance of acne lesions after a 4 week treatment course with bi-weekly treatments.