Unique LHE Technology for Hair Removal
“All light based devices are based on Selective Photothermolysis. The matching of a specific wavelength and pulse duration to obtain optimal effect on a targeted tissue with minimal effect to the surrounding tissues” – Anderson & Parrish, Science, 1983
Laser Hair Removal 101
Light energy is transformed to thermal energy in the precisely targeted tissue to produce the desired clinical effect. Hair grows in 3 distinct phases
- Anagen – the growing phase
- Catagen – the transition phase
- Telogen – the resting phase
Only the Anagen phase of the hair growth cycle can be treated. That is why all the hair can NOT be removed in one treatment session as there are different stages.
The hair must be given adequate time for the new growth of anagen phase hair to come through between treatments.
Light energy applied from the light source is absorbed by the melanin, and transformed into heat. Simultaneously, heat energy from the light source is transmitted by the hair shaft down to the hair bulb.
The accumulative heat coagulates and destroys the hair follicle
We can not determine the exact number of treatments a person will require and can only advise them on an estimation. The estimated number of treatments a client will require is determined by hair color, hair type, hair growth cycle and skin Fitzpatrick’s scale color. A typical treatment course could consist of 4-10 sessions in 4,6, or 8 week intervals.
Think laser hair removal is only for Women? Think again…
Men are the fastest growing demographic for laser hair removal. They are discovering laser hair removal gives them the freedom from daily shaving and tweezing or just gives then the sleek, hair free look that is more and more desirable. Traditionally athletes looking to enhance their performance made up the majority of male clients. Today more men are turning to permanent hair removal to lessen the time and money they spent on grooming or simply they want to feel more attractive. Whatever your reasons, contact Total Body Laser Clinic today for a free personal consultation on your specific hair removal needs.
We’re the most affordable Laser Hair Removal in Halifax Nova Scotia. Call us today to put together your own Personal discounted Laser Hair Removal package.
- Please do not shave the areas receiving treatment. LHE hair removal requires 2-3 millimeters of growth….Besides we know shaving is irritating to your skin! For harder to reach places we can provide assistance just prior to application of the laser.
- The area to be treated should be freshly cleaned and left free from any make-up, perfumes, lotions, creams and antiperspirants. You can, of course, remove these applications in the treatment room prior to the session.
- Areas to be treated should be as light as possible, so avoid tanning 2-3 weeks leading up to treatments as well as sunless tanning products
- Do not Wax, tweese or nair or bleach the area to be treated 3 weeks prior to receiving laser hair removal
- You must advise us of any medications your currently taking or have taken in the past 6 months which increases sensitivity to light.
- Do not shower with Hot water 24 hours after your treatment. If you need to shower please make it a cooler shower and do not use anything abrasive on the areas that were treated
- The skin can appear spotty this is inflammation within the hair follicle and is normal, it can last for 2-24 hours (rarely) after the treatment
- The hair will fall out in approximately 2-3 weeks after the LHE hair reduction, in that time the hair will apperar to be growing slowly, the follicle is getting ready to shed the hair.
- Do not tweeze or wax the hair, let it fall out on it’s own
- Do not pick at the skin after the treatment
- No excessive sweating for 24 hours after your treatment. No gym, sauna, hot tub, pool, hot yoga or hot showers. You may shower using cool water.
- No sun exposure for 1-2 weeks after your treatment. Preferably no sun exposure at all.
- A pure Aloe Vera Gel cold is good to apply after as it sooths and heals the areas the best.
- If irritation occurs you may use Polysporin ointment or Aloe Vera gel.